WHAT IS TECHNYFLEX® EQUINE?
Technyflex® Equine is a natural joint care treatment for horses that relieves pain due to inflamed joints, arthritis, lameness, and joint injuries. Technyflex® Equine is made from the greenlipped mussel (Perna canuliculus) that grows only in the pure ocean waters of New Zealand. This little shellfish has a unique combination of nutrients that have amazing anti-inflammatory properties. In fact, scientific research shows that Technyflex® Equine is significantly more effective at inhibiting inflammation than aspirin, ibuprofen or glucosamine/chondroitin supplements.
Technyflex® Equine is used extensively throughout the equestrian and horse racing industries in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Hong Kong. It has also been approved for veterinary use in Australia to treat and alleviate arthritic symptoms.
WHAT ARE SIGNS OF JOINT ISSUES AND ARTHRITIS IN HORSES?
- Inflammation in and around the joint
- Lameness or unevenness
- Shuffling gait
- Limping or favoring other legs
- Difficulty or discomfort when getting up from lying down
- Reduced activity
- Sleeping more
- Navicular syndrome
These conditions can be caused by high impact, high performance activities, long endurance, and aging of joints.
HOW CAN TECHNYFLEX® HELP YOUR HORSE?.
- Arthritis Relief: Technyflex® is a natural way to relieve arthritis symptoms and alleviate soreness and inflammation in joints.
- Natural Anti-Inflammatory: Our 100% enriched greenlipped mussel extract naturally contains high levels of omega-3 and 6 essential fatty acids (EFA’s). These EFA’s eicosatetraenoic acid (ETA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are scientifically proven to inhibit and block inflammation pathways in the body, thus reducing inflammation effectively and naturally. These fatty acids have been shown to have profound anti-inflammatory effects on not only the horse’s joints, but also in conditions such as stomach and bowel inflammation. They also contribute to eye health, brain function, and give horses’ coats a healthy sheen.
- Prevention: Giving Technyflex® on a daily basis before problems with arthritis begin can prevent wear and tear on joints, and reduce the onset of symptoms.
- Rebuilding Joints: Technyflex® contains GAG's (glycosaminoglycans and mucopolysaccharides). These are carbohydrates found in the body that help collagen and elastin stay strong and flexible. Collagen is a major component of all bone, tendon, ligament, and collagen, and is a very strong substance. GAG's also provide the necessary building blocks to regenerate cartilage and connective tissues. GAG's help make synovial fluid thick and gummy. Synovial fluid is found in healthy joints and serves to reduce friction in joints during movement.
- Pain Relief: Technyflex® contains omega-3 essential fatty acids which provide natural pain relief for worn joints and joint injuries.
- Nutrition: Along with GAG's and omega-3 essential fatty acids, Technyflex® also contains naturally occurring minerals and vitamins that help your horse stay healthy and strong.
- All Natural: Made from 100% New Zealand greenlipped mussel meat, not shell. No additives, no fillers. No known side effects.
WHAT ARE THE NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF TECHNYFLEX® EQUINE?
- Total omega-3 essential fatty acids: 36.3 mg (EPA 17.7 mg, DHA 10.9 mg, ETA 2 mg, ALA 4.2 mg)
- Minerals: boron 32 ug, calcium 19.4 mg, chromium 4 ug, copper 9.2 ug, iodine 27 ug, iron 0.92 mg, manganese 30 ug, magnesium 9 mg, potassium 22 mg, phosphorus 19.8 mg, selenium 2 ug, sodium 70 mg, sulphur 36 mg, taurine 58 mg, zinc 1.26 mg
- Vitamins: A, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, D, and E
- Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) 11-15%, predominantly chondroitin sulphate
- Proteoglycans up to 30%
WHAT IS THE RECOMMENDED DOSAGE?
Use scoop enclosed in the tub.
Loading Dose: Give 2 x the daily dosage with meals for the first 10 days.
- Daily Dose: Up to 880 lbs – 1 to 2 scoops per day. 880-1200 pounds – 2 to 3 scoops per day. Over 1200 pounds – 2 to 4 scoops per day.
You can manage and adjust dosage as need for heavier breeds, post-surgery pain relief, severe joint disease, or strenuous exercise such as with thoroughbred training and racing, or other competitive activities.
The products and information on these pages are not intended as a substitute for medical or veterinary diagnosis and treatment, but to complement them. If symptoms persist, please seek the advice of a qualified medical practitioner.
Products are derived from seafood. Do not use if there is a seafood allergy.