WHAT IS KALSIO®+?
Kalsio® + is a Premium Calcium Supplement imported from New Zealand. This pure, natural supplement helps support healthy bones, teeth, and muscles. Kalsio® + is a rich source of key nutrients and minerals, including:
- CALCIUM: Plays an important role in building stronger, more dense bones early in life, and in keeping bones strong and healthy later in life. Calcium also helps the nervous system and muscle function, and aids in the normal growth and maintenance of teeth.
- PHOSPHORUS: An essential mineral required by every cell in the body for normal function. It is also a major structural component of bone.
- COLLAGEN: Helps in the development and health of cartilage and bones. Collagen is strong and elastic, and is a key component in cartilage, ligaments, tendons, bones, fascia and skin.
- FISH BONE PEPTIDES (FBP): FBP's attract calcium during digestion and promote higher absorption of calcium into the body. Calcium supplements cannot be effective unless they are absorbed efficiently by the body.
- MAGNESIUM: It is vital for healthy bone structure and interacts with calcium to keep blood vessels healthy so blood can flow properly, helps muscles contract, and helps regulate electrolytes.
- VITAMIN D3: This aids in the absorption of calcium helping to form and maintain strong bones.
Calcium is one of the most important minerals our bodies need. Calcium is in every cell in our body. The main role of calcium is to give nourishment to bones and muscles, and to keep them strong. But calcium also helps muscles (even the heart) contract properly, helps blood clot, and helps nerves send messages.
Bones contain two types of cells. Osteoblasts are responsible for growing bone, while osteoclasts cause bone to degenerate. As we get older, the osteoclasts become more active than the osteoblasts, resulting in bones that are weak, brittle, and prone to breaking. Common habits like smoking, drinking coffee, tea, alcohol, and carbonated drinks can further reduce calcium levels in our body.
To combat calcium deficiency, you must have a calcium supplement that is digested easily and completely so the body can use it effectively.
WHY KALSIO® + ?
Kalsio® + is pure marine calcium made from the bones of fish that live only in the clean ocean waters of New Zealand.
Unfortunately, most calcium used in calcium supplements comes from limestone mined in rock quarries or from coral or shells. These types of calcium are very difficult for the body to digest, absorb, and use. In fact, only 20-30% of the calcium in these supplements is actually utilized. The rest is not digested or absorbed and can't provide nourishment for your bones
But because the calcium in Kalsio® + comes from fish, it offers calcium in its most natural, organic, nutritious form. The fish we use are processed using strict standards to maintain the maximum amount of essential nutrients.
Human bone is hard because it contains hydroxyapatite crystals which are formed from collagen, calcium, phosphorus, and other minerals. Human bone is 70% hydroxyapatite, and tooth enamel is almost 90% hydroxyapatite. The calcium in Kalsio® + is 100% microcrystalline hydroxyapatite (MCHA), which is absorbed well by the body and provides comprehensive bone nourishment because it is formed from actual bone.
MCHA is a highly absorbable, natural calcium source that comes from bone. It contains all the minerals naturally occurring in healthy bone in the right proportions, along with the other active and supportive constituents of bone.
In fact, recent research shows that microcrystalline hydroxyapatite calcium can help osteoblasts (the bone building cells) to grow, and can reduce the number osteoclasts (the bone destroying cells).*
Another benefit of Kalsio+® is that it naturally has the optimal 2:1 ratio of calcium to phosphorus. Research has shown that this is the proper balance of calcium and phosphorus to allow for maximum calcium retention by your body.
Kalsio® + is unique because it combines calcium with other nutrients and minerals to maximize its effectiveness, providing support for healthy bones, reversing bone loss, and helping increase bone mass.
WHAT'S IN KALSIO®+?
Kalsio® + has NO additives and DOES NOT CONTAIN yeast, dairy, starch, gluten, fillers, wheat, or artificial colors.
Each 650mg capsule contains the following nutrients and minerals:
647 mg of Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite Calcium consisting of:
- Calcium: 157 mg
- Phosphorus: 77 mg
- Collagen: 77.6 mg
- Magnesium: 2.6 mg
- Fish Bone Peptides: 5.2 mg
- Vitamin D3: 243.6 IU
Kalsio®+ is now made with vegetable capsules!
- Unlike gelatin capsules, vegetable capsules are preferred by many people because they contain no animal by-products
- With no bovine animal by-products, there is no concern for diseases transmitted through consumption of animal gelatin, such as Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) and other zoonotic diseases
- Vegetable capsules are made from inert vegetable ingredients (cellulose from plant fiber), and are free of preservatives, gelatin, wheat, sugar, starch and dairy
- Vegetable capsules are easily absorbed but dissolve more slowly than gelatin, providing a more sustained release of capsule contents
Disclaimer: Derived from seafood. Do not use if you have a shellfish allergy. Not recommended for use by pregnant and lactating women. The products and information given on these pages are not intended to substitute for medical or veterinary diagnosis and treatment, but to complement it. Please use only as directed. If symptoms persist or if you have any questions, please see your doctor or health care professional.
* The effect of MCHC fish bone powder on osteoblast function and osteoclast-precursor differentiation. Wei-Hang Chua, Gabrielle Plimmer, Marlena C Kruger Institute of Food, Nutrition & Human Health, College of Health, Massey University.
Share this post
- Tags: All natural calcium, Best absorbing calcium, BEST CALCIUM AFTER FRACTURE, BEST CALCIUM FOR ACTIVE WOMEN, BEST CALCIUM FOR WOMEN, BEST CALCIUM SUPPLEMENT, BEST CALCIUM WOMEN OVER 50, Calcium plus vitamin D, calcium supplement, calcium that absorbs easily, dairy free calcium, easily absorbed calcium, Fish bone calcium, hydroxyapatite calcium, Marine calcium, MARINE CALCIUM SUPPLEMENT, New Zealand calcium