Kalsytech® Canine FAQ'S
Posted by on
DO DOGS NEED CALCIUM?
Absolutely. Dogs need calcium in their diets just like people do. Whether your dog is a fussy eater, or an active, high-performance canine, they need this essential mineral to help develop and strengthen bone, and improve bone density. Young dogs and aging dogs may have an even higher need for a calcium supplement.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF POSSIBLE CANINE CALCIUM DEFICIENCY?
- Weak bones
- Skeletal abnormalities
- Unhealthy coat
- Skin problems
- Brittle nails
WHERE DOES KALSYTECH® COME FROM?
Kalsytech® is made from the bones of fish that live only in the pristine ocean waters of New Zealand. Kalsytech® is manufactured in New Zealand under the strictest quality standards, and is then imported directly to the United States.
WHY IS CALCIUM FROM FISH BONES BEST?
Most calcium used in calcium supplements comes from limestone mined from rock quarries. This type of calcium is very difficult for the body to digest, absorb, and use.
But because the calcium in Kalsytech® comes from fish, it offers calcium in its most natural, organic, nutritious form. The fish we use are processed using strict standards to maintain the maximum amount of essential nutrients.
Bone is hard because it contains hydroxyapatite crystals which are formed from collagen, calcium, phosphorus, and other minerals. For instance, human bone is 70% hydroxyapatite, and tooth enamel is almost 90% hydroxyapatite. The calcium in Kalsytech® is 100% microcrystalline hydroxyapatite, which is absorbed well by the body and provides comprehensive bone nourishment because it is formed from actual bone. Kalsytech® is unique because it has calcium combined with other nutrients and minerals to maximize its effectiveness, providing support for healthy bones.
WHAT’S NOT IN KALSYTECH®?
You can rest assured that Kalsytech® has NO additives and DOES NOT CONTAIN yeast, dairy, starch, gluten, fillers, wheat, or artificial color. Kalsytech® just gives your pet the pure goodness of an all-natural product from New Zealand.
WHAT IS IN KALSYTECH® CANINE PREMIUM CALCIUM SUPPLEMENT?
- CALCIUM: Plays an important role in building stronger, more dense bones early in life, and in keeping bones strong and healthy later in life. Calcium also helps the nervous system and muscle function, and aids in the normal growth and maintenance of teeth.
- COLLAGEN: Helps in the development and health of cartilage and bones. Collagen is strong and elastic, and is a key component in cartilage, ligaments, tendons, bones, fascia and skin.
- FISH BONE PEPTIDES (FBP): FBP's attract calcium during digestion and promote higher absorption of calcium into the body. Calcium supplements cannot be effective unless they are absorbed efficiently by the body.
- PHOSPHORUS: An essential mineral required by every cell in the body for normal function. It is also a major structural component of bone.
- MAGNESIUM: It is vital for healthy bone structure and interacts with calcium to keep blood vessels healthy so blood can flow properly, helps muscles contract, and helps regulate electrolytes.
HOW MUCH KALSYTECH® SHOULD I GIVE MY DOG?
Each container of Kalsytech® comes with dosage instructions and a measuring scoop. Dosage is based on your dog’s weight. A loading dose of twice the normal amount is recommended for the first 10 days.
- Small dogs under 20 pounds – 1.5 scoops per day
- Medium sized dogs from 20 to 85 pounds – 2 scoops per day
- Large dogs over 85 pounds – 3 scoops per day
DISCLAIMER: The products and information on these pages are not intended as a substitute for medical or veterinary diagnosis and treatment, but to complement it. If symptoms persist, please seek the advice of a qualified medical practitioner. Products are derived from seafood. Do not use if your animal has a seafood allergy. Administration in pregnant animals is not recommended as safe use of this formulation in pregnant animals has not been established.
Share this post
- Tags: Kalsytech FAQ's