Joint disease in dogs can be caused by aging, overuse, stress, or injury. In fact, 20% of dogs over the age of 1 experience some type of arthritis or joint issue, while 90% of senior dogs have arthritis. Large breeds, working dogs, and dogs that compete in agility or field trials are likely to develop joint issues sooner. The most common places for dogs to experience arthritis-related pain and stiffness are in their hips, knees, elbows, lower back, and wrists which can result in your dog having difficulty running, jumping, and even walking, and this can drastically affect their quality of life. Once canine arthritis starts, it usually gets progressively worse, so it is important for you to address your dog’s joint health before they get older, and consider starting them on a joint care supplement sooner rather than later.
For breeds that are predisposed to joint issues, many veterinarians even recommend starting joint supplements while the dogs are still puppies. And, if you are considering using a joint supplement long-term, it is important for its ingredients to be very safe. One of the most effective and safest supplements for your dog’s joint health is hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid is a type of glycosaminoglycan (GAG) made by the body and it is present in all types of connective tissues and organs. The highest concentrations of hyaluronic acid are found in synovial fluid.
What is synovial fluid? It is the gummy fluid found in healthy joints that keeps the joints moving smoothly and pain-free. Hyaluronic acid is the major component of synovial fluid and is vital to maintaining its viscosity and for preventing fluid loss from the articular cavity. Thicker, more gummy joint fluid results in smoother movement within the joint and better shock absorption. Unfortunately, as your dog ages, or, if he or she has joint damage or joint disease like arthritis, the synovial fluid in the joints will decrease. This results in bone moving on bone within the joint, which is very painful and can result in mobility issues.
Using a hyaluronic acid supplement is the best way to restore the level of critically important hyaluronic acid in the joints. Hyaluronic acid is often combined with other ingredients that support joint health like glucosamine, chondroitin, omega-3 essential fatty acids, and greenlipped mussel because a combination of nutrients like these can help promote improvement in all aspects of the joint including cartilage, ligaments, tendons, and synovial fluid.
TECHNYFLEX® HA CANINE is a high-quality, all-natural joint care supplement for dogs that offers a very effective and safe way to improve the health of your dog's joints while reducing pain and improving their movement. TECHNYFLEX® HA CANINE features:
- 100% natural Greenlipped Musselmeat with no shells, fillers, or additives.
- Rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids(DHA, ALA, EPA, ETA) scientifically proven to reduce joint inflammation, as well as improving other inflammation-related issues such as ulcerative colitis and stomach inflammation. Omega-3's can also improve skin conditions and make your dog's coat healthy and shiny.
- More effective at reducing inflammationthan aspirin, ibuprofen, and other brands of greenlipped mussel.
- Highest quality human grade hyaluronic acid (HA)supports lubricating and cushioning properties of synovial fluid in the joints to improve joint function and mobility.
- Multiple research studies indicate that hyaluronic acid is effective at treating synovitis(inflammation in the joint lining), joint pain - especially knee pain, inflammation, and improving strength of muscles around the knee.
- Unlike NSAID's which can have many dangerous side effects and are not safe for long-term use, there are no known side effectsassociated with taking Technyflex® HA Canine.
What's the nutritional breakdown of Technyflex® HA Canine?
- Glycosaminoglycans (including chondroitin sulphate and proteoglycans) up to 588mg
- Infused hyaluronic acid (40mg)
- Total fats (213.64 mg) including 34.2 mg of Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids (EPA 17.3 mg, DHA 10.7 mg, ETA 1.9 mg, ALA 4.1 mg)
- Minerals (215.6 mg) including boron 31.3 ug, calcium 19 mg, chromium 3.9 ug, copper 9 ug, iodine 26.5 ug, iron .9 mg, manganese 29.4 ug, magnesium 8.8 mg, potassium 21.6 mg, phosphorus 19.4 mg, selenium 2 ug, sodium 68.6 mg, sulphur 35.3 mg, taurine 56.8 mg, and zinc 1.2 mg
- Vitamins (34.3 mg) including B2 1.48mg, B3 5.20 mg, B6 4.58 mg, C 8.45 mg, along with Vitamins A, B12, D, and E
- Proteins, amino acids, and complex carbohydrates
And, as always, you can trust that all our products, including Technyflex® HA Canine, are made from non-GMO ingredients, contain no additives, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors, are dairy-free, gluten-free, and are manufactured in New Zealand in compliance with the highest quality standards.
You can learn more about Technyflex® HA Canine here.
 Katelyn Son, Updated November 10, 2022 VETERINARIANS.ORG
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: best supplement for dogs with arthritis, best supplement for golden retrievers, best supplement for retrievers, best supplements for older dogs, dog joint supplement, hyaluronic acid